Home » IRE News » Get advice from top media lawyers at ...
Get advice from top media lawyers at IRE 2013
Does your investigation contain complex legal questions? Unsure of how to proceed? During the Media Lawyers brown bag, between noon and 1 p.m. on Friday, June 21, bring your lunch and your questions for a personal discussion with some prominent media law experts that will be presenting throughout the 2013 IRE Conference. We'll provide drinks and dessert. This session features the following attorneys:
- Steve Chung is an attorney for NBCUniversal where serves as the lead lawyer for the NBC Owned Television Stations group and the TODAY Show and supervises the legal production work for syndicated talk shows. Steve is also an adjunct professor at NYU's school of journalism and teaches a course on media law and ethics. Before joining NBCUniversal, Steve was a litigator, representing numerous media clients and also clerked for a federal judge in San Francisco.
- Steve Fogle represents media companies and individual journalists, editors, publishers, and content producers on First Amendment, privacy, and news gathering issues and has wide experience in representing business clients on a complete range of commercial, construction, and contractual matters. A veteran trial attorney, mediator, and arbitrator, he is actively involved in the pre-publication review of articles, broadcasts, and investigative journalism pieces for his media clients as well as the development and implementation of litigation prevention strategies for all his clients.
- A reporter-turned-lawyer, Angela Galloway's practice includes media, First Amendment and intellectual property law. Angela covered government, politics, social issues and health policy for 10 years at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. She covered cops and government for two years at The (Philadelphia) Inquirer and various beats during previous temporary newspaper gigs. Angela practices at Davis Wright Tremaine, a Seattle-based firm with a large media group and offices in NY, L.A., San Francisco, Washington D.C., Portland, Anchorage and Shanghai.
- Joe Larsen focuses his practice on media law with extensive experience in all aspects of media newsroom representation including defending clients in defamation lawsuits, defending and handling of subpoenas, prior restraint matters, and access to governmental and court proceedings and records. He is the recipient of the Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas' 2010 James Madison Award.
- Amanda Leith is an attorney for NBCUniversal where she serves as media counsel for the NBC Owned Television Stations group, advising clients on matters such as libel, privacy, newsgathering, access, and intellectual property. Before joining NBCUniversal, Amanda was a litigator, representing numerous media and entertainment clients. She is a graduate of the George Washington University Law School.