This position is responsible for supervising, coordinating, writing, producing and scheduling content for the Investigative unit to be presented on multiple platforms including but not limited to on-air, online and mobile.
• Enterprise investigative stories and work closely with our two investigative reporters and photographer.
• Write for digital platforms including attaching images and video.
• Coordinate with Promotions Dept and News Managers
• Work closely with Gannett Legal Dept. to insure accuracy
• Work on special projects as assigned.
• Report directly to Special Projects Executive Producer
• 5 years experience as Investigative journalist or Special Projects Executive Producer
• College degree in Journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
• Understanding of libel laws.
• Familiarity with computer-assisted research techniques and Public Records Law.
• Current valid driver’s license and excellent driving history required.
• Flexible schedule with ability to work nights and weekends as needed.