The Denver Post, the Voice of the Rocky Mountain Empire and a leading source of innovation for Digital First Media, is looking for an Investigations Editor.
Essential job duties:
- Supervise a team of journalists to focus on short- and long-term investigations as well as issue and policy stories that build on news events in the city and state.
- Execute and teach others on the most up-to-date computer-assisted reporting techniques.
- Critique and evaluate the work of content producers in terms of accuracy, grammar, punctuation, style and headline writing for print and digital platforms.
- Be able to obtain and edit content from a variety of sources, including Denver Post reporters and wire services.
- Understand and implement SEO techniques to ensure content reaches the largest online audience.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues in all departments, including line/assigning editors, reporters, artists, photographers and videographers to enhance quality of Denver Post content, suitable for immediate use across print and digital platforms.
- Experience working with databases preferred.
For more than 120 years, The Denver Post has been Colorado's media leader, a Pulitzer Prize-winning news organization and multimedia news and information source that has adapted in today's changing media market. It has the 12th-highest daily and the 10th-highest Sunday circulation in the United States. It is based in Denver, a thriving city with a growing cultural and political influence in the Rocky Mountain West that boasts more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, links to examples of projects and work they have overseen, and three references to News Director Kevin Dale at email@example.com.