The New England Center for Investigative Reporting (NECIR), a nonprofit investigative reporting newsroom based at Boston University, is expanding. We're searching for an award-winning journalist with at least five-years experience doing in-depth investigative reporting. A proven track record of generating, reporting and writing hard-hitting watchdog stories that have impact is required. Strong news judgment and organizational skills are essential. Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently or part of a team.
- Producing stories for NECIR’s monthly Public Eye investigative reporting subscription service while juggling deeper-dive long-term investigative projects as well as occasional follow-up stories
- Working collaboratively with NECIR reporters and editors as well as the editors of subscribing news outlets
- Mentoring student journalists who assist with reporting/research.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Strong source development, research, writing, reporting and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with and ability to use databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to take initiative, receive constructive feedback and work with minimal supervision
- Team Player
- Knowledge of Massachusetts/New England government/politics/businesses preferred
Salary: $70,000/year plus benefits.
Contact: Joe Bergantino, NECIR Co-Director, email@example.com