SUMMARY OF JOB:
KATU-TV, the ABC affiliate in Portland, Oregon, seeks an experienced and enterprising reporter to join our award-winning “On Your Side” investigative team. This is not your average reporting gig. The successful candidate will be an assertive investigator with a proven track record of uncovering the news and the ability to handle both daily investigations and long-term, in-depth reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate original, local news stories and develop community contacts
- Demonstrate knowledge of the FOIA process, computer-assisted reporting, and the legal issues related to investigative reporting
- Have strong writing skills, both for television and for digital platforms
- Maintain a presence for your personal brand and for your investigations on social media
- History of award-winning journalism preferred
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience required.
Education: Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) preferred.
To Apply: Please apply on our career website: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer