SUMMARY OF JOB:
We are looking for an experienced idea person who knows how to find highly promotable, original content. Candidate will run the day to day operations of our special projects/investigative unit and will manage the sweeps calendar. Ideal candidate will have large market experience researching and producing investigative stories. Must know how to cultivate sources, submit FOIA requests and dig through documents. Candidate will be responsible for vetting tips and finding investigative and promotable stories that will air year round.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate story ideas daily.
- Vet viewer tips and build a list of potential sweeps stories
- Manage the monthly sweeps calendars.
- Assist in coordinating the activities of reporters and photographer working in the Problem Solver unit.
- Must be proficient in Computer Assisted Reporting (CAR) and help gather, organize and maintain computer data bases for investigative stories.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Please apply online on our career website: tp://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/
*Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer*