9NEWS in Denver is looking for the right reporter to join its team of award winning investigative reporters who have earned the respect of the audience as well as multiple awards including an Alfred I. DuPont award for excellence, National Emmy’s and Edward R. Murrow awards and most recently, the team was named a finalist for the prestigious Investigative Reporters and Editors FOI award. This dynamic reporter will help collaborate on the next big award-winning investigative story and build a mile-high career in one of the most competitive investigative markets in the country.
- Driven reporter who develops high profile investigations that get people talking
- Enterprise contagious stories on a daily basis
- Cultivate a wide-ranging array of devoted sources
- Make major contributions during Breaking News
- Work with a dynamic team on short and long term projects
- Drive web and social traffic for individual and the organization
- Strive to become a “go-to” reporter for information in news room
- Contribute to news gathering through shooting and editing
- Embrace creative story-telling techniques
- Commits to learning and using innovative story development techniques including but not limited to Computer Assisted Reporting
- Minimum 2 years experience as an investigative or general assignment reporter.
- Ability to develop strong contacts.
- Desire strong writing skills, pre-production skills, consistent follow-up and good live shot presence.
To apply, send your resume and non-returnable resume DVD/tape and on-line weblinks and references to: 9News, Att'n: VP/News Director, 500 Speer Blvd., Denver, CO 80203 or apply online at https://career4.