KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, is seeking a top-notch Special Projects Investigative Producer for its award-winning investigative unit. This ideal candidate will have a proven track record of digging for stories, set-up, cultivating sources and producing award winning investigations. Knowledge of hidden cameras, public records and computer assisted reporting is a must. The ideal candidate would be familiar with the Los Angeles market and willing to work long hours to get the story. At times you will be asked to turn daily stories while juggling several long-term, targeted special report pieces. If you are up to the challenge, apply today.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to:
- Exhibit excellent newswriting skills
- Collaborate effectively with a wide range of personnel to create compelling content
- Maintain a steadfast commitment to accuracy and fairness
- Generate story ideas and participate in editorial meetings
- Maintain strong people skills in a competitive, pressurized environment
- Juggle multiple assignments and deadlines
Candidates must have:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in local or network news production
- Proven track record in all aspects of story research, set-up, shooting producing, writing and editing
- Experience with Prosumer cameras and the ability to shoot and edit
- Top twenty market experience
- Experience with Avid I-News and non-linear editing
- Knowledge of computer-assisted reporting and public records search
Minimum Education Level:
College degree or equivalent experience
Additional Candidate Instructions:
All qualified candidates MUST apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System:
This is the ONLY method by which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of CBS to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.