Digital Editor - Investigations
DIGITAL EDITOR - INVESTIGATIONS
NBC Bay Area, NBC Universal’s Owned Television station in the San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose DMA, is looking for a Digital Editor for the Investigative Unit. The Digital Editor will work closely with the Digital Lead, Assistant News Director, Investigative Reporters and Producers to create innovative content and platforms. The goal is to build a conversation, community and engagement around NBC Bay Area’s investigative stories. The Digital Editor will work directly with the investigative team on stories from inception to dissemination.
- A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism, Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a journalism or web development environment
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV throughwww.nbcunicareers.com to be considered. Refer to Job Number 12103BR.
- Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
- Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any shift in a 24/7 environment, willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Experience working in a news environment
- Capable of developing info graphics and interactive content
- Ability to produce under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
- Past experience writing for print or broadcast
- Strong journalistic skills
- Practical experience working with HTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash or other comparable web publishing software
- Strong computer skills, and knowledge of Computer-Assisted Reporting (CAR)
- Familiarity working with social media and audience engagement
- A pioneering spirit with the desire to develop new ideas for media
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties or requirements associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change.