Harvard Business Review, the world’s most influential source of management ideas and an innovative multiplatform media brand, is looking for a well-rounded editor/journalist/developer — someone who is as comfortable writing and editing in front-end code as in text. The editorial developer will create high quality interactive content for consumption across devices and platforms and find new ways to visualize, remix, and add utility to the ideas HBR publishes. To be successful in this position, you must be curious, flexible, and data-driven, and you must love the web. You’ll be happy at HBR if you are fascinated by the changes taking place in the publishing industry and if you believe that good ideas and well-run organizations can change the world for the better.
• Turn ideas into engaging interactive experiences that work across HBR’s digital properties. This may require reporting, handling data sets, helping expert authors interpret their ideas, and adapting existing content.
• Collaborate with editors, designers, and developers to conceive and develop interactive pieces including data visualizations and assessments.
• Conceive and build experimental content formats for multi-platform and device-specific projects.
• Evaluate and work with vendors and external partners.
• Analyze audience behavior and use insights to refine HBR’s approach to interactive content. Be a critical voice in internal conversations about HBR’s audience engagement metrics.
• Contribute to larger projects that improve the user experience of HBR’s digital platforms.
• Journalistic sensibility and familiarity with topics related to business and management. At least three years editorial/journalism experience preferred.
• Familiarity with web APIs and the most common statistical and data visualization libraries. Ability to integrate data, audio, and video into interactive experiences.
• Up-to-date knowledge of trends in digital content and user experience.
• Good visual thinking and an understanding of how to create intuitive user experiences.
• Familiarity with analytics platforms and experience analyzing and reporting on web metrics.
• Ability to problem solve independently and find technology-savvy solutions to content challenges
• Proven skills in facilitating multidisciplinary collaborations.
Please visit our ‘Careers’ page at http://harvardbusiness.force.com/careers/ to apply!