Times-Union Media in Jacksonville, publisher of The Florida Times-Union and Jacksonville.com, is seeking an experienced and aggressive Business Editor who will provide insightful digital and print coverage – with an emphasis on breaking news.
He or she will guide and stimulate reader interest, involvement and core understanding of often complex topics through stories, trend-spotting and project initiatives. This individual also will suggest and initiate watchdog initiatives, sometimes collaborating with a team of investigative reporters.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about local Business practices and leaders, as well as the industries and services vital to the economies of Jacksonville, the state and region. He or she will showcase the positive but always be willing to shine an intense light on areas to expose troublesome practices when and where they are found.
Jacksonville residents enjoy the natural beauty of the St. Johns River and the Atlantic Ocean. The 12th most-populous city in the United States has an economy that features services centered around banking, insurance, health care transportation and logistics. It operates the largest urban park system in the U.S. The epicenter of the First Coast of Florida offers plenty of sun and pristine beaches nearby. Winters are mild, and the residents of more than 500 neighborhoods are friendly and actively involved in their community, which features the second-largest zoo in the country, numerous museums, tourism and much more. With a rich musical heritage, the annual Jacksonville Jazz Festival is the second-largest jazz festival in the nation. sports fans support the NFL’s Jaguars, THE PLAYERS Championship, the Gator Bowl played each New Year’s Day, the annual Florida-Georgia game, the Gate River Run, minor-league baseball and much more.
- A digital-first mindset
- A college degree is preferred with at least five years of experience managing various components within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented news product.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills along.
- Excellent team-building, management and customer service skills.
- Able to independently establish strong interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to strive for and maintain strong community, state and regional contacts.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet demanding deadlines.
- High attention to detail and problem-solving skills required.
- Working knowledge of Content Watch and Drupal is helpful but not essential.
- Ongoing paid training opportunities
- Growth opportunities for advancement
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, short- and long- term disability, personal time off and holiday pay and 401(k)
Applications: Qualified applicants may submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Thank you for understanding that due to the large volume of resumes received it is not possible to acknowledge receipt of each resume.