Senior Data Visualization Editor
JOB TITLE: Senior Data Visualization Editor at NBCUniversal
INTERNAL NUMBER: 13979BR
LINK TO APPLY: http://www.nbcunicareers.com/
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Lead the effort to tell the day's best stories in new visual ways including data visualization, interactives, infographics and emerging platforms.
- Train editors in visual story-telling techniques.
- Constantly seek new tools and partnerships to create those visual stories.
- Take the lead in understanding the role visual story-telling plays in social media and emerging platforms, making recommendations to the team and to the markets.
- Work with the development team to take a lead role on integrating multimedia into site design.
- Work with research to understand metrics on our story-telling and allow them to inform our decisions.
- Must have enough experience with multimedia basics including photo editing tools, video editing tools, a CMS, photo rights and basic journalist standards to be able work as part of day-to-day team as needed.
- Photo and video editing skills via Photoshop and Final Cut Pro
- Expertise in front-end data-visualization libraries such as d3, Raphael, or Highcharts; online mapping tools/ libraries such as Google maps, Cartodb, Mapbox
- Expertise with spreadsheet software such as Excel and databases such as Access
- Presentation and training skills
- High energy – this is a role that is as much about inspiring other team members as it is producing great content
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, at least part of it with a news organization
- A digital portfolio of past work
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience working in a media organization
- Leaflet iexperience
- PHP SQL and R programming
MUST APPLY ONLINE: http://www.nbcunicareers.com/