ABC7News/KGO-TV, the ABC owned-and-operated station in San Francisco, CA is looking for an experienced, dynamic Investigative Producer to join our established, award-winning I-Team. The producer must be able to take a story from start to finish: researching, interviewing, shooting, writing and video editing.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Generating story leads and following tips
- Researching, writing, producing and editing investigative reports
- Responsible for long form reports as well as quick turns depending on the news cycle
- Facilitating web extras and online presentation of investigative reports
- Expertise in Social Media for all aspects of production and promotion
- Perform undercover work and surveillance when necessary
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to shoot and edit broadcast quality video for air
- Willing to work non-traditional business days/hours and alter schedule on short notice
- Solid understanding of journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws as they relate to investigations and hidden cameras
- Experience with hidden cameras and surveillance techniques
- Strong computer assisted reporting (CAR) skills
- Able to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field preferred. Minimum five years of experience in investigative reporting or producing preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and web links for work samples to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID # 200208BR (Investigative Producer), ABC Owned Television Station (KGO-TV), create a candidate profile and upload your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE