Newspaper Tree is looking for a talented pool of journalists to join the team and make this unique media project a sustained force for solid investigative journalism in the border communities of El Paso, TX, Southern New Mexico, Ciudad Juarez and Northern Mexico. Newspaper Tree is a non-profit, online newspaper dedicated to investigative and community journalism.
The Managing Editor is responsible for the realization of Newspaper Tree’s journalistic vision to produce reporting that is relevant and meaningful and encourages the public’s participation in civic life. The Managing Editor assigns, oversees, edits and publishes the multi-media work of reporters and other contributors.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in journalism
- Master’s degree preferred
- Newspaper editing experience
- Writing skills
- Knowledge of and experience with multi-media technologies
- Commitment to ethical journalism in the community’s service
- Knowledge of the El Paso/Juárez region preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
To apply for any of these positions (or send inquiries), please email a cover letter, a resume, three references and a sample of your work (including multi-media work, if available) to publisher Louie Gilot at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the position sought in the subject line. For all paid positions, compensation will be commensurate with skills.
Newspaper Tree is an equal-opportunity employer.