General Assignment Reporter
Working from a general assignment beat, will develop and write major enterprise stories for the daily newspaper and the web. Will pursue investigative pieces, along with trend stories. Will be a go-to reporter for stories on important, complex matters, including database reporting.
- Will use investigative reporting and writing techniques to develop news enterprise stories for the daily and weekend newspapers and the web, along with some larger, project work.
- Will show initiative by developing news sources and generating story ideas, but also accept editor assignments on some complex issues from other beats.
- Will submit work that is accurate, complete, well-organized and compelling.
- Will meet deadlines and perform well under deadline pressure. Will work closely with assigning editors.
- Must have valid driver's license, proof of insurance and own transportation.
- Able to react productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
At least five years' reporting experience with a major metropolitan newspaper.
College degree required. Journalism training with strong liberal arts and/or science emphasis; professional reporting experience essential.
Veda Morgan, News Director
525 W. Broadway
Louisville, KY 40202