Investigative Unit Executive Producer
Position: Investigative Unit Executive Producer – KNSD
Location: San Diego, California
About Us: NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Assist VP of News and Assistant News Director in managing of all assigned work duties as well as the day-to-day needs of a news operation. Participate in daily planning meetings. Contribute ideas for news programming based on the NBC 7 San Diego News Strategy.
- Lead the investigative team by planning and strategizing investigative enterprise storytelling via research, development and execution of short, medium and long range investigative stories. Position will need to use sources, documents, databases to produce exclusive content for dissemination on all KNSD platforms.
- Oversee show and segment production. Share responsibility for determining the composition and flow of all newscasts, selecting video, writing and copy editing stories. Work closely with producers, anchors, reporters, editors, assignment desk and technical crews to make certain program elements abide by NBC Owned and Operated Stations News Guidelines as well as the NBC 7 News Strategy.
- Schedule assigned Investigative Team, as well as general producers and associate producers in a harmonious way with other Newsroom priorities to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Establish and maintain a professional, trained and motivated staff though effective implementation of NBC’s performance management process.
- Work with Assistant News Director to ensure training and coaching is provided for Producers. Facilitate the orientation of new employees. Implement NBC 7 San Diego news standards and ensure adhered to while producing news programs.
- Work with the Promotions team to properly strategize and position Investigative Team content in the marketplace.
- Assist managing social media participation by the station.
- Assist with other general Newsroom management assignments as needed, such as special projects, timekeeping, intern/mentoring programs, and community outreach, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism, Communications or related areas of study, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of related work experience including: Direct responsibility for producing a news program and preparing rundowns
- At least 1 year of focused investigative journalism experience.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift.
- Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego, CA.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Proficient in iNews. as well as Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and journalistic skills with ability to seek simple solutions to complex problems.
- Maintain being Team player while under extreme pressure and the ability to react quickly to breaking news situations.
- Experience delegating, assigning, setting objectives, providing positive feedback and taking corrective action, if necessary.
- Experience supervising producers and other news personnel
- Demonstrated ability to manage a staff effectively; Skilled in utilizing internal and external resources to accomplish goals.
- Ability to quickly understand and size up opportunity and/or problems and respond with creative ideas and solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to review reporters’ scripts while exercising sound journalistic judgment.
- Ability to conduct performance appraisals and legal compliance reviews.
- Skilled in delivering feedback in order to further develop team.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently.
Please apply to the position at: http://nbcu.me/1sOdsG0