News Channel 3, WREG-TV, Memphis (CBS affiliate) is hunting for an aggressive investigative reporter to join a team with a proven, highly recognized investigative brand. The successful applicant must be creative, tenacious, ethical, competitive and a team player. Solid researching skills are required. Will be working with an award-winning team that is committed to balance and accuracy. We hold people accountable, push for action and search for solutions. Five years reporting experience and a college degree preferred.
If you are good enough to win this job, you'll have the privilege of working in one of the sauciest cities for news in America. You do not have to like Barbeque or The Blues, but a good sense of humor is a must. Find out why song writers sing about Memphis more than any other city in the world. Don’t believe me? Read this.
Core Job Functions:
- Organize, research, write and produce original investigative news stories, both for broadcast and for the Internet.
- Develop human sources to generate story ideas, as well as respond to viewer-submitted tips.
- Use public records, the Internet, and computer databases to research and analyze facts, statistics and trends.
- Work with producer, photographers and editors to produce investigative stories both for broadcast and for the Internet.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by News leadership.
Apply in writing including DVD or VHS tape to: Bruce Moore, WREG-TV, 803 Channel 3 Drive, Memphis, TN 38103. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WREG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.