Advertise with IRE
Create a package of print, online, newsletter or event marketing opportunities to maximize your visibility and your ad budget. With more than 4,000 members representing working journalists from all media, academics and students worldwide, IRE offers an audience dedicated to journalism in the public interest and a community of professionals who freely share their expertise to help maintain and strengthen the traditions of watchdog reporting.
Our flagship quarterly publication delivers the stories behind the latest stories, including exclusive tips for successful investigations. The reporters, editors and producers who write for the Journal share the processes that went into reporting and presenting the story, creating a how-to knowledge base unlike any other.
2013-2014 publication schedule for the quarterly IRE Journal
Fall 2013 Oct. - Nov.) Est. delivery Dec. 1, 2013 - Ads due: Oct. 1, 2013
Winter 2014 (Jan. - March) Est. delivery March 1, 2014 - Ads due: Jan. 2, 2014
Spring 2014 (April - June) Est. delivery June 1, 2014 - Ads due: April 1, 2014
Summer 2014 (July - Sept.) Est. delivery Sept. 1, 2014 - Ads due: July 1, 2014
* This is a general planning guide. Contact Stephanie Sinn (email@example.com or 901-316-5192) for final deadlines for reservations and ad submission.
Online advertising opportunities
IRE offers a variety of ad placement opportunities on its website. It's a great way to raise your profile with IRE and a low-cast way to extend your ad camapaign.
E-Newsletter: Attention, everyone!
IRE's electronic newsletter, Quick Hits, is the fastest way to get a message to all IRE members and supporters on our electronic mailing list. You can choose an issue, or multiple issues, to target your message at just the right time.
The newsletter is available to members and non-members. Our marketing partners are invited to subscribe, too. Click here to subscribe or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: "subscribe".
This one-of-a-kind online publication, updated weekly, shows readers how to use the latest technology to enhance their stories. Advertise here to reach a community of journalists who make data, Web technology, mapping, statistical analysis and do-it-yourself programming part of their everyday reporting.
Jobs, fellowships and awards
The online Job Center promotes professional opportunities (jobs, awards, fellowships, scholarships, internships). Make sure that the best in the business know what you have to offer.
- Text ads (no word limit). Cost is $150. Job ads run for up to six weeks; all others are 12-week listings. Most ads submitted by e-mail are posted within 24 hours. Instructions for posting a fellowship or posting a job
- Purchase a fellowship or award listing in combination with Web banner or print ads, and we'll extend your listing period to match your program's deadline at no extra cost.
IRE offers a variety of ad placement opportunities on its website. It's a great way to raise your profile with IRE and a low-cost way to extend your ad camapaign.
- For general sitewide advertising, ads are placed on multiple pages and displayed on a rotating basis with other ads of the same size.
- Display space on Extra!Extra!, our investigative reporting blog, the Quick Hits e-newsletter and Uplink are not included in general sitewide advertising. Please request these ad placements separately.
- We can work with you to customize a site location if you prefer a targeted alternative to sitewide placement.
- The site supports graphics and Flash animation up to a maximum file size of 40 KB. IRE design assistance is available; the advertiser must provide ad-ready text and graphics. (Additional fees may apply to advanced Flash design or custom creative work.)
Online ad dimensions and rates
See current prices in our rate card for dimensions and sizes.
IRE uses IAB ad units in the following sizes (all units in pixels, width by height):
Conference Sponsorship, Custom Events, Exhibitors/Recruiters
IRE's annual conferences let you showcase your product and expertise for an audience of journalists from all media, including some of the leading news organizations worldwide, who come to discuss the most important topics in investigative reporting, trade 'how-to' advice and gain hands-on training that only IRE offers.
Learn more about how to be a vendor, recruiter, advertiser or sponsor of an upcoming event:
Meet newsroom innovators and technology users at the 2014 CAR Conference, Feb. 27- March 2, in Baltimore, MD.
The 2014 IRE Conference will take place, June 26-29 in San Francisco, for the ultimate opportunity to network with the journalists involved in the year's most successful watchdog work and to find out how the best in the business get the story. The 2015 IRE Conference will be held June 4-7, in Philadelphia.
For details about exhibitor/recruiter opportunities, special training or social events, or other marketing options, contact Stephanie Sinn, email@example.com.