Be inspired by the greats who heralded in a new breed of watchdog journalism. “The New Muckrakers,” with an updated forward by author Leonard Downie, Jr., is now available from IRE.
Downie’s classic examines a crucial era in the rich history of investigative reporting in America. His exploration of the “new muckrakers” includes insider anecdotes and personal insights from some of the biggest investigations and investigators of the last century, including:
- Woodward and Bernstein’s coverage of Watergate
Seymour Hersh uncovering the My Lai massacre
- Barlett and Steele’s revelation of deep problems with Philadelphia’s criminal court system
- Jack Anderson’s columns on the Nixon-Kissinger plan for Pakistan
- Neil Sheehan and the Pentagon Papers
…and many more reporters who shaped journalism and history.
The book is available from the IRE Bookstore in both printed and eBook formats.
“The New Muckrakers”
- Book: $15 members/$20 nonmembers
- eBook: $10 members/$18 nonmembers
Order online, or contact the IRE Resource Center (firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-882-3364).