Tasked with reporting on mental health? Take a few minutes to listen to tips from Meg Kissinger of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Kissinger attended a recent Watchdog Workshop to talk about her series of award-winning stories investigating caregivers.
“We found people living in squalor,” Kissinger said. “It really upset people.” So how did she find them? She talked to people who had seen the worst of the worst. Listen to her explain the process:
- Listen to more audio clips from Kissinger on our Soundcloud page.
- Members can download Kissinger’s entire session on caregivers by logging in and going here.
- Read “Chronic Crisis,” Kissinger’s award-winning series, on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s webiste.
- Download and read a questionnaire about the seires to learn more about the reporting (click on Contest Questionnaires).
- Read more stories about mental health on our Extra Extra blog. Click here for the filtered results.