Get skills to help you dig into your next story with hands-on classes at IRE in San Francisco. If you’re looking to get your feet wet with spreadsheets or level up to mapping, we’ve got you covered. You’ll find classes at the IRE Conference that will help you do all of this and more:
- Liberate data from pesky PDF files
- Analyze large amounts of information quickly with spreasheets and database managers
- Turn addresses into mapable points
- Give your data a makeover with clean-up tricks in spreadsheets and OpenRefine
- Make maps with Fusion Tables and ArcGIS*
- Make your breaking news coverage shine with searchable databases
- Discover the power of programming for data wrangling
- Conquer common problems in Excel
- Get data from other sources into spreadsheets
*Our three-class series using GIS software will give your mapping skills a jumpstart. Those who attend all three sessions will receive a free copy of ArcGIS Desktop from Esri. Preregistratioin for the three-class mapping series is required and will be open at the conference. Stay tuned to the conference schedule for more details.
Seating is limited all classes are first-come, first-served.
More about IRE 2014
- View our lists of expected speakers and sessions.
- Register for IRE’s one-on-one conference mentoring program. You can sign up to be a mentor or mentee.
- Learn about our new themed tracks: campus coverage and the art of storytelling
- Sign up for our special events: INN Day and the Reynold’s business reporting session.