It’s a special Halloween episode of the IRE Radio Podcast, and this week we’re telling some housing horror stories. Here’s the lineup:
- Marisa Kwiatkowski of The Indianapolis Star talks about her story “The exorcisms of Latoya Ammons,” which became the most-read story in the Star’s history.
- Kate Berry of American Banker explains “zombie foreclosures” and offers tips for reporters looking to track them.
Looking for links to the stories, resources and events we discussed on this week’s podcast? We’ve collected them for you.
- Read “The exorcisms of Latoya Ammons” on The Indianapolis Star’s website.
- Go behind the story of Latoya Ammons with reporter Marisa Kwiatkowski, who wrote about her reporting process for The Indianapolis Star.
- See how other media outlets handled “The exorcisms of Latoya Ammons” in this roundup from the Star.
- Read Marisa Kwiatkowski’s mental health series “Children in Peril” on the Times of Northwest Indiana’s website.
- Read some of Kate Berry’s coverage of “zombie” foreclosures on American Banker’s website.
- Look up SEC filings on secfilings.com.
- Members only: Listen to “Raising the roof: Investigating housing” a 2014 IRE Conference panel featuring Kate Berry, Angela Caputo, Michael LaForgia and Nancy Amons.
- Members only: Download Boston Globe reporter Todd Wallack’s tipsheet “Secrets of SEC filings and other financial docs.”
- Members only: Download a presentation on housing scandals from Angela Caputo of The Chicago Reporter.