A record number of ten newsrooms were chosen for IRE’s Total Newsroom Training this year. TNT provides intense, in-house training for small and medium-sized newsrooms dedicated to watchdog journalism. This is the third year IRE has offered the free program.
New this year are TNT Boot Camp Fellowships. Nine TNT alumni will be awarded free training to IRE’s data analysis boot camp.
TNT training is customized and includes two days of sessions ranging from public records battles to hands-on data analysis.
“TNT is one of the most important initiatives IRE has launched in the past few years,” IRE Executive Director Mark Horvit said. “It gives our trainers an opportunity to work with highly motivated news organizations. The projects and stories that have been done by the journalists we’ve had the opportunity to work with has been inspiring.”
Congratulations to the following newsrooms:
- WIS-TV– Columbia, SC
- The Texas Tribune – Austin, TX
- Journal-News – Liberty Township, OH
- Jackson Hole News & Guide – Jackson, WY
- Tribune-Star – Terre Haute, IN
- Cape Cod Times – Hyannis, MA
- KCTV – Fairway, KS
- Iowa Public Radio – Des Moines, IA
- KOLN-TV – Lincoln, NE
- San Angelo Standard-Times– San Angelo, TX