Investigative Reporters and Editors is looking for someone with data analysis skills who enjoys tackling a variety of projects, leading workshops, working with smart and motivated students, and helping shape the future of data journalism.
We’re seeking a new director of data services for IRE and the National Institute for Computer-Assisted Reporting(NICAR), a worldwide leader in computer-assisted reporting.
As data director, you will have a direct impact on newsrooms nationally and internationally. You will:
- Oversee data analysis jobs for news organizations large and small
- Lead our signature boot camps and other training sessions
- Plan hands-on classes for the annual NICAR conference
- Train graduate students
- Maintain and expand our library of federal data sets
- Take a leading role in our mission of expanding data journalism
- Join an organization that has been dedicated to improving journalism for more than 40 years
Applicants should have journalism experience and strong data analysis skills. The desire to continue expanding your skills — and to help others do the same — is essential. Preferred skills include experience with at least one programming language, web scraping and data management.
This position is based at IRE/NICAR headquarters in Columbia, Mo., but could require occasional travel to conduct training.
If you’re interested in the position or want to learn more, please send an email to email@example.com.