Ten local newsrooms in the U.S. and Canada have been selected to receive free data training from IRE through the Data In Local Newsrooms Training Program, which is powered by the Google News Initiative.
The new program offers small and midsize newsrooms two days of customized in-person data training, follow-up consultation, credits toward IRE data services and more.
Nearly 60 newsrooms applied in the program’s first year. The 2019-20 recipients are:
- The Capital Gazette – Annapolis, MD
- Centro de Periodismo Investigativo – San Juan, PR
- Corpus Christi Caller Times – Corpus Christi, TX
- New Hampshire Public Radio – Concord, NH
- NewsChannel 5 – Nashville, TN
- Searchlight New Mexico – Santa Fe, NM
- Spotlight PA – Harrisburg, PA
- Torstar Corporation, Community Brands, York Region – York, ON
- Waterloo Region Record – Kitchener, ON
- WUWM 89.7 – Milwaukee, WI