On this bonus episode, we’re sharing audio from the 2016 IRE Conference. In a session on narrative storytelling, reporters T. Christian Miller and Ken Armstrong explain how they wrote their Pulitzer-winning investigation, “An Unbelievable Story of Rape”. Their reporting is the basis of a new Netflix limited series called “Unbelievable”.
You can find the podcast on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher and Google Play. If you have a story you think we should feature on the show, drop us a note at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.
Looking for links to the stories and resources we discussed on this week’s podcast? We’ve collected them for you.
- Read the original investigation: “An Unbelievable Story of Rape”
- Read the book: “A False Report: A True Story of Rape in America”
- Members only: Listen to full-length IRE Conference audio used in this episode: “Constructing the Narrative: An Unbelievable Story of Rape” with T. Christian Miller and Ken Armstrong
- Members only: Download the tipsheet “Localizing the investigation: Sexual misconduct” by By Bente Birkeland, Jim Brunner and Joel Ebert
- Learn more about the new Arizona Republic podcast: “Rediscovering: Don Bolles, a murdered journalist”
Cloud Line (Blue Dot Sessions) / CC BY-NC 4.0
The Kennicott (Blue Dot Sessions) / CC BY-NC 4.0
Copley Beat (Blue Dot Sessions) / CC BY-NC 4.0
So Go We (Blue Dot Sessions) / CC BY-NC 4.0
Building the Sled (Blue Dot Sessions) / CC BY-NC 4.0