Welcome to the virtual #IRE20 conference! If you’ve already registered, here’s what you need to know to access the conference.
(If you still need to register, you can do that online and then follow the instructions below)
Getting started & accessing the virtual conference software
The IRE20 virtual conference is online at ire20.pathable.co. We highly recommend you bookmark this URL for easy access, especially since you can access it for a full year!
If you’ve already registered, you should have received an email link with access to Pathable, our virtual conference platform. Using the link from that email, you’ll be asked to set a password. You will need this email and password to access Pathable during and after the conference.
Can’t find the email? Search your inbox and Spam folder for “Pathable.” If you still can’t find it, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the technical requirements?
- Google Chrome is recommended for the best experience on Pathable. Make sure you are running the latest version, and that you allow pop-ups.
- Zoom. Please download Zoom to your computer before the start of the conference.
How does Zoom work inside Pathable?
Most panels (webinar-style meetings) will have the Zoom room embedded inside the Pathable page (for security, no one will have access to the direct Zoom links). This allows you to view the session even if your device or organization limits Zoom access. When you’re in the Pathable room, you’ll see the video on the left and the chat box on the right.
When you “Join a live meeting,” you may experience a brief delay and see a gray/black box as the embedded video loads.
If the embedded format shown above isn’t working, you also have the option to “use the Zoom app instead.” This will open a new Zoom window. (Find it directly under the video window in Pathable.)
Will I be on a camera? Will I be muted?
It depends! There are three types of virtual sessions, each noted with a tag on the Pathable schedule.
- Live webinar: Hosted in Zoom webinar rooms. Only speakers can be on video and unmute themselves. Attendees are in listen/view-only mode, unless they use the “Raise Hand” button and the session host allows them to speak. At IRE20, we use this setup for some of the live sessions that will allow for audience Q&A.
- Live meeting or Live Networking: Hosted in Zoom meeting rooms (what most of us use in our day-to-day lives). Anyone — speakers or attendees — can be on video and unmute if they choose. At IRE20, we mostly use this setup for networking sessions and Master Classes.
- Live chat: These sessions featured pre-recorded video, and the speakers are available live to answer questions via the chat box in Pathable. There will be no video or audio Q&A.
Finally, a note: If your organization or device limits Zoom access, you may not be able to unmute or go on video. But you should still be able to view the content and use the chat room.
What time zone is the agenda?
The Pathable agenda will automatically reflect your time zone.
How do I build my own schedule?
In the navigation bar, go to Schedule > My Agenda.
To add sessions to your agenda, start on the main Agenda page. When you find a session you want to add to your schedule, click on the orange plus sign located in the upper right-hand corner of each session. (Note: There are some sessions for pre-registered attendees only or invite only, and these will not have the orange plus sign as an option.)
Anything you add will show up on your “My Agenda” page. You can also export your schedule to your personal calendar by using the “Export Calendar” feature located in “My Agenda.”
Will all the sessions be recorded?
Many of our sessions are being recorded and will be available in Pathable for one year after the conference. Every session description notes whether the session will be recorded.
As a general rule: panels and conversations will be recorded; Master Classes and networking sessions will not.
Recorded sessions will be available for viewing a few hours after the session concludes. In addition, any tipsheets from the session will be available in the Files tab for each session.
Can I go in and out of sessions?
Yes, you can enter and leave any live session (as long as it is not at capacity).
How do I get technical support or help?
If you are having technical difficulties, make sure you are using Google Chrome. This will take care of some common problems, like a slow-loading browser or audio issues. But if you still need help, reach out one of the following ways:
- Use our live Help Desk: An IRE staff member will be available each day during the conference to assist with any questions. Here are the Help Desk hours:
- Monday, September 21: 8 a.m. – Noon (ET)
- Tuesday, September 22: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. (ET)
- Wednesday, September 23: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. (ET)
- Thursday, September 24: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. (ET)
- Friday, September 25: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. (ET)
- Contact Pathable Technical Support: From the Pathable navigation bar, click on “Tech Support” and then “Get Support.” This will open a chat box and connect you with someone at Pathable. This is a free service provided to attendees by IRE.
- Send IRE an email. If you have a question about registration or other non-technical issues, email us at email@example.com.