Primary Location: 2807 3rd Ave, Seattle,WA US
Division: Cox Media Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition Number: 191957
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for establishing contacts, managing tips, handling records requests, conducting interviews and craft investigative stories.
- The producer is responsible for working on multiple stories concurrently. This responsibility involves collaborating with multiple people and departments including promotions, graphics, editing, social, and digital.
- Managing the unit’s social/digital team by working with the jessejones.com digital producer.
- The person will also post and have some oversight on the social posts to Jesse’s social channels.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently on investigative consumer stories.
- Have the ability to conceptualize a story from beginning to end including vetting consumer emails and phone calls for possible coverage, researching information for stories and interacting with policy makers and business leaders.
- Must be proficient in handling legal and ethical issues as they arise.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience with consumer or investigative journalism preferred.
Minimum of 4 years of experience as a journalist preferred.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps – the country’s biggest television rep firm – Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.