- Across the table: Would you share your views of Donald Trump over dinner?
- Who shares your views on race?
- Strong Men, Caring Women: How Americans describe what society values (and doesn’t) in each gender
- How religious is your country?
- Worldwide migrant remittance flows
- Do you know what police think?
- Digital Knowledge Quiz
- Work on multiple simultaneous projects as a member of multidisciplinary teams that also include digital product, design, UX, social media, research staff and other stakeholders
- Ensure that all code works across multiple devices (desktop, mobile, etc.), is error-free, maintainable, and scales to handle a high number of concurrent visitors.
- Provide quality assurance and testing of other team members’ code.
- Maintain comprehensive technical documentation and contribute to style guides.
- Ability to separate content, data, presentation and behavior layers.
- Understanding of web standards, usability and human-user interaction philosophies and their application to web and mobile development, navigation, information architecture and content hierarchy.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to build and maintain strong relationships with project stakeholders.
- Ability to be creative and innovative, set priorities, organize time and identify resources for projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly explain complex technical problems to less technical users.
- Ability to review designs/wireframes, point out potential development concerns, and create user stories based on designs.
- Ability to write and maintain user and system documentation for applications and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years professional experience developing web, mobile and other digital projects.
- Experience with React.
- Demonstrated experience working with REST APIs, preferably in a read/write manner.
- Experience with a version management system (Git preferred).
- Experience with Responsive Design principles and coding (including media queries)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment a plus
This position is based on site at our offices in Washington, DC. Applications should include links to relevant projects or portfolio. Résumé and cover letter