The News Revenue Hub is looking for a task-motivated Audience Development Project Manager to organize and execute our custom audience development work. This person will work closely with our member newsrooms to size up their audience development needs and to execute strategies that set them up for spectacular results.
This role is 50% task-master and 50% creative audience-development strategist. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working in audience and/or product development roles in a newsroom, and has demonstrable abilities to enthusiastically manage multiple projects at once. This role will be the first full-time hire for a growing audience and product development team at the Hub.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage an organization’s full experience at the Hub, beginning with onboarding and then throughout the audience team’s full project cycle
- Keep track of multiple projects with their accompanying metrics, milestones, timelines, task lists and budgets
- Create and execute custom audience development strategies for newsrooms.
- Host meetings and trainings with newsroom stakeholders, taking notes and keeping consistent meeting logs
- Have a finger on the pulse of developments taking place in the industry, including in technology, UX, and fundraising—inviting opinions from peers and sharing our point of view with our newsrooms
- 3+ years of newsroom experience in audience development and/or product management roles
- Fluency with Google Analytics required; experience with Parse.ly and other analytics suites preferred. Additional experience with Google Data Studio, advanced Excel, and Tableau also preferred.
- You are a positive and strong communicator (verbal and written) and understand how to keep team members informed
- You have strong planning and organizational skills; project management certification not required but a plus
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and don’t shy away from tough conversations when required to get the job done
- You are entrepreneurial, good at managing your time and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of project management software, such as Basecamp, a plus
More details and the link to apply can be found at: https://fundjournalism.org/
2020/10/21/job-opening- audience-development-project- manager/.