Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
NBC Universal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a Consumer/Investigative Reporter. This position is responsible for gathering consumer news information, responding to viewer story tips and preparing for presentation on air, on line and for mobile. In addition, a reporter at KXAS-TV has the opportunity to work with some of this best photographers and producers in the country, so the ability to collaborate is a must.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years television news reporting
• Proven track record of strong live reporting skills and strong story telling
• Experience in contributing to station web site and social media platforms
• Experience partnering with legal team and working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations as they relate to investigation, undercover content and hidden cameras
• Strong CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting) skills
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through gecareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
• Must submit a video of own work to be considered.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to work long hours and a variety of shifts, when necessary.
• Previous experience as an investigative reporter
• Strong knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Experience with digital editing and photography a plus
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Must be able to handle intense deadline pressure
• Experience of working simultaneous on a web product
• Strong knowledge of social networking in regards to content gathering and distribution
• Work in a team environment
Sub-Business: NBCUOTS – KXAS
Career Level: Experienced
City: Dallas – Fort Worth
Country: United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.