We are looking for an experienced reporter to cover the state government in California, writing everything from breaking news on proposed regulations to longer-term enterprise stories on areas where the state is leading the nation in setting policy that companies and consumers care about. As part of our growing Sacramento reporting squad, you’ll be the tip of the spear in one of our most interesting markets on the biggest stories on legislation, tax, regulation and policy. Our customers care about both the national trends you find in local coverage and the key state development in California, so you will have a lot of opportunities to drive coverage.
- Report and write news articles and breaking news alerts, often on deadline.
- Pitch, develop and write analytical pieces and feature stories on complicated subjects like tax and legal developments, making them accessible to readers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes.
- Establish strategic relationships with sources, editors, news desk, etc.
- Serve as a resource for other correspondents and Washington based reporters.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum three years of journalism experience, including daily reporting experience.
Bloomberg Industry Group IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg Industry Group has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.