9NEWS in Denver is looking for a strong investigative reporter to cover a Crime and Justice beat. This reporter would find investigative angles to daily stories and would collaborate with the award-winning 9Wants to Know investigative team.
We are looking for a high-impact storyteller with a desire to uncover the truth and expose wrongdoing daily.
This reporter should be self-motivated, tenacious and be able to juggle constant deadlines and work multiple stories at once. This reporter should never wait to be assigned a story but instead, originate content and be ready to jump in when news breaks day or night.
This reporter should also have:
- Extensive knowledge of Federal, state and local open records laws
- Experience in reporting on courts and the criminal justice process
- Comfort with Excel and CAR skills
- Ability to develop deep sources
- Strong Editorial judgement
- Strong interviewing skills
- MMJ skills a must
If you are diligent about digging up the truth, want to know more about what’s behind the news, and ready to break news in a competitive top-20 market reach out to Nicole Vap, Nicole.email@example.com