About The Hustle
The Hustle is a fast-growing, San Francisco-based media company best known for its witty, no-nonsense newsletters that have educated and entertained readers since 2015. At the center of our success is our talented editorial team.
We’ve built our business through two primary services: Our weekday and Sunday emails, which deliver smart takes on business, technology, and culture news to more than 1 million loyal subscribers, and a thriving events business that connects an entrepreneurial-minded audience with some of the world’s most successful business founders.
This June, we’re launching a subscription email service that highlights emerging business trends and how entrepreneurs can capitalize on them.
We’re looking for an experienced data editor who can help us uncover the latest business trends and create tools that allow entrepreneurs and investors to make better business decisions.
This person will play an integral role in shaping our premium Trends publication (trends.co), working closely with our writers and editors to analyze emerging industries and produce timely reports on a range of business topics.
The ideal candidate will have experience scraping websites, analyzing public filings, and surfacing accurate financial information, as well as expertise in creating proprietary databases and producing compelling data visualizations.
Must be an adaptable self-starter capable of thinking critically about solving problems for an entrepreneurial-minded audience.
What You’ll Bring:
– A creative and data-driven approach to storytelling
– A demonstrated ability to identify emerging trends through original data collection and reporting
– Experience gathering and interpreting data from a variety of sources, analyzing it, and using it to identify unique stories
– Experience creating smart, static visuals
– Expertise creating databases and data tools to inform a highly educated audience
– An understanding of, and interest in, entrepreneurship and how to grow a business
– Experience in a fast-paced newsroom or startup environment, where priorities can shift as the audience’s needs evolve
– A consumer-first perspective and adaptable, can-do spirit
– Minimum 3 years of professional research and writing experience
Salary & Benefits:
– Competitive pay
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– 401(k) plan
– Flexible Spending Account
– Commuter benefits
– Monthly book stipend
– Weekly team lunches
– Team happy hours and outings
– A chance to help create and shape indispensable editorial products and services that serve a global audience
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please submit a cover letter, resume, and up to 5 samples of your work electronically at https://jobs.lever.co/thehustle/2e5b6d6e-9370-45a4-87d1-8e72eabac0d6. This position will remain posted until the position is filled.
We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role