KXAN in Austin, Texas is looking for a News Video Editor/Photographer who excels at combining creativity, composition skills and technical expertise to produce video that tells a compelling visual story.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Capture video and edit stories for daily newscasts
- Schedule includes working weekends.
- Collaborate with news producers on video elements of newscasts.
- Shoot and edit news video stories in the field.
- Collaborate with reporters to obtain concise and accurate news stories.
- Take direction from the assignment desk, producers, field crews and production personnel.
- Maintain and operate camera equipment and company vehicle safely and efficiently.
- Ability to edit raw video to newscast form in a manner to complete the story for the viewer.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Maintains positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
- Responds positively to feedback.
- Must present professional image as a representative of the station at all times.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in broadcasting, journalism, or related field preferred. Minimum of 2 years’ experience video editing/photography.
Training/Equipment: Operating live trucks and camera equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Must be able to operate computer and editing machine. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.