Quinnipiac University’s School of Communications invites applications for a full-time position as an Assistant Teaching Professor (non-tenure track) in the Department of Journalism to begin August 2019. The department seeks a colleague interested in joining and engaging with a team that loves journalism and is passionate about student success.
About the college:
We balance hands-on skills training with instruction in the liberal arts to prepare students for exciting and rewarding careers in advertising and integrated communications; communications/media studies; film, television and media arts; graphic and interactive design; journalism; and public relations. Our faculty includes award-winning professionals and internationally recognized scholars with extensive experience in their fields. We maintain a portfolio of more than 5,000 local, regional, national and international employers to connect with, and our student media organizations provide multiple opportunities for real-world learning experiences.
Teaching professors typically teach eight courses (4/4) every school year. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach storytelling, news writing, digital journalism, and other courses in the journalism program
- Advise and mentor students
- Serve on faculty committees
- Develop new courses and keep abreast of industry trends
While scholarship and creative endeavors are not required, the department encourages and supports the continuing intellectual and professional development of all faculty members.
- Master’s degree in communications or a related field and at least five years of professional experience
- The degree requirement may be waived for applicants who exhibit a documented record of exceptional journalistic skill and professional accomplishments
The ideal candidate is:
- An early adopter of new technologies and processes, and is able to teach best practices in digital reporting, verification and public engagement
- Understands the standards and philosophy of both breaking news and comprehensive multimedia reporting
- Uses data to develop story ideas and identify trends
- Can demonstrate proficiency in tools and techniques to produce multimedia content, including recording, editing and distributing video and audio along with generating photos and data visualizations
- Has a strong writing and producing background, including command of AP Style
- Has recent and relevant higher-education teaching experience
- Committed to contributing to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vrsh88btfvqgntjs