The Capitol Forum delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy issues to an influential subscriber base that includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers. By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest-growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
POSITION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Capitol Forum is looking for an inquisitive, driven intern to join our growing team. You will be expected to support correspondents to break news and produce articles on relevant consumer protection and antitrust issues. You must have a passion for the truth and willingness to go the extra mile. As we often work collaboratively in teams, you will also be expected to provide your input on other beats where appropriate.
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Produce clear, concise, and useful written material for team members
- Work with correspondents to find sources and conduct interviews as necessary
- Acquire and review a variety of documents from government agencies and publicly traded companies, including annual and quarterly corporate filings
- Track a variety of government and industry calendars
- Participate on conference calls and attend outside events
- Experience: 1-2 years of work experience or internship experience
- Interests: Exhibits a passion for journalism and demonstrable interest in the intersection of business, government, politics, and the law
- Team Player: Ability to work independently and also collaborate with colleagues
- Creativity: Likes to brainstorm original ideas and solutions, possesses intellectual curiosity
- Professional demeanor: Takes pride in creating a polished product and displays a high level of attention to detail
- Writing style: Clear and succinct
- Time Management: Ability to write quickly and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Oral communication skills: Comfortable interacting and building relationships with various stakeholders, including the leadership team, staff, sources, and subscribers
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides our interns with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, influence over the issues covered, a team-oriented work environment, and access to a growing community of colleagues, sources, and readers.
This is a 10-week internship. A full-time offer may be extended at the end of the internship.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.