WNBC is looking for an enthusiastic, results-oriented, deep-thinking Content Producer to join our I-Team. The Content Producer is responsible for identifying, researching and producing in-depth investigative stories relevant to the Tri-state area.
CP’s work closely with managers, reporters, anchors and our assignment editors to recognize and build great stories from conception to air. This includes extensive research, writing, gathering, and editing for stories that appear on all of WNBC’s platforms, including, but not limited to OTT, web and broadcast.
- Significant experience in a news environment.
- Experience editing content on a desktop editing system. Adobe Premiere a plus.
- A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies.
- Ability to make priority decisions under deadline while maintaining a team player mentality.
- Experience with CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting), with the ability to break down and digest Excel spreadsheets and large data sets. Access, MySQL, or other database experience a plus.
- Familiarity requesting and negotiating for access to public records; filing records requests.
- Willingness to perform undercover work or surveillance as necessary.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in newsgathering and/or production.
- Minimum 3 year experience writing, producing and desktop editing.
- Must be willing to work in New York.
- Willingness to work overtime, on weekends, and any shift as assigned.
- Strong journalistic skills and news judgment.
- Strong desire to deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms.
- Enthusiastic team member eager for collaboration.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize and stay organized
- A love of stories and the craft of storytelling
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in