WBFF Fox45, in Baltimore, Maryland, seeks an enterprising and aggressive Investigative Producer to join our team. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it powerful and memorable. Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is required along with familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting. Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is essential. Dynamic storytelling skills are a must.
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles on big daily news stories
- Work closely with Producer and Executive Producer to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
- Write online versions of investigative reports and work with Digital Producers on “web extra” content for each investigation
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years of investigative producing experience is preferred
- History of award-winning investigative journalism is preferred
- Must be a strong storyteller with the ability to make the complicated understandable
- Must be able to use all available tools to enhance stories, from graphics to social media
- Should be able to generate story ideas and determine the legitimacy of viewer tips
- Strong writer and storyteller
- Must be naturally inquisitive with an interest in holding government officials accountable
While applying online, please include a recent web link of your work; if you do not have an online reel, please mail a non-returnable DVD to the station at: WBFF, Attn: News Director, 2000 W. 41st Street, Baltimore, MD 21211.