Chicago’s WGN-TV is looking for an experienced investigative producer for its award-winning team. This position will be responsible to dig deeper into daily breaking news stories as well as conduct long-term investigations. These stories make an impact on our community, change laws and hold corporations responsible and make sure they answer consumer complaints. Your primary responsibility is producing stories for the WGN Investigates unit. This position requires someone who is organized, detail oriented, takes initiative and is a real go-getter. Qualified applicants must have investigative producing experience and strong storytelling skills. This is not an entry-level position.
- Responsible for researching, writing, editing, producing and gathering content for investigative and consumer stories. Will work closely with management, editorial staff and reporters
- Responsible for building digital integration for investigative pieces
- Provide editorial guidance; establish contacts in the field, manage tips and public records requests, compose open records requests, and conduct interviews
- Generate enterprising story ideas
- May be required to perform undercover work or surveillance as necessary
- Experience in consumer and investigative newsgathering
- Understanding of journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Ability to write and produce under pressure
- Ability to communicate with promotions/marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in newsgathering and/or production
- Minimum 5 years’ experience writing, producing and editing day-of-air news stories on a desktop editing system
- Must be willing to work non-traditional business days/hours, travel and work long hours, and on weekends with short notice
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply On-line: Please go to http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ and search for keyword “Investigative Producer”.