KDVR/KWGN (FOX/CW) in Denver, Colorado has an immediate opening for an aggressive investigative reporter to join our Problem Solvers investigative team. The successful applicant must be creative, tenacious, ethical, competitive and a team player. Solid researching skills are required. You should be able to easily balance long and short-term investigations while also pitching in to help us win the BIG STORY. You should be knowledgeable about how to help our digital team “produce up” your investigations with great engaging content online. You will be working with a team that is committed to balance and accuracy. We hold people accountable, push for action and search for solutions. Five years reporting experience with an investigative background preferred.
- Organizes, researches, writes and produces original investigative news stories, for broadcast and digital platforms
- Turns stories on deadline that are fair, accurate and engaging to the audience
- Presents those stories on live television in an energetic, conversational and creative style
- Develops sources to generate story ideas, as well as responds to viewer-submitted tips
- Posts and promotes those stories on the internet, social media, and other platforms that have yet to be invented
- Uses public records, the Internet, and computer databases to research and analyze facts, statistics and trends
- Works with producers, photographers and editors to produce investigative stories both for broadcast and digital platforms
- Must be willing and able to fill-in as a general assignment reporter on occasion
- Relishes personal responsibility, including learning new things and adapting to change as the world and the industry evolve.
- Refuses to give up, even when people aren’t returning telephone calls.
- Cultivates curiosity
- Protects the reputation and integrity of self and that of the station.
- Welcomes coaching and constructive criticism
- Performs other duties as needed and directed by News leadership.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a journalist, with serious investigative reporting experience preferred
- Four-year college degree in journalism or related communications field preferred.
- Working knowledge of Internet and databases, along with familiarity with videography, editing and graphics.
- Strong broadcast writing skills and command of language skills. Ability to write news content both for broadcast and online.
- Demonstrated strong news and ethical judgment, writing and organizational skills, along with an ability to work well with others in a high-pressure, team-based environment.
- Ability to type, using a newsroom computer system.
- Flexibility to work as needed within station hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Ability to assist in transporting equipment such as cameras and tripods (possibly up to thirty pounds)
- Possess a valid driver’s license, or able to get one.
- Professional appearance and behavior
Please have candidates email me at email@example.com