KMSP-TV, the FOX O and O in Minneapolis-St. Paul, has a rare opening for an experienced Investigative Reporter. We are filling the shoes of a 38 year market veteran.
Your passion will be digging and questioning the status quo. If you’re reading this, you know this isn’t a 9-5. FOX 9 is committed to long form storytelling; we have a proven track record of committing the time and resources both on and off the air to win this fight. We’ve done several documentaries and can’t wait to do more.
We want a reporter who can:
- Generate your own, locally focused Investigative ideas. We don’t do “test the hotel sheets” stories here.
- Develop non-traditional, exclusive sources that get you to where you need to go.
- File data requests, dig through records both digital and analog, and use computer-assisted reporting and databases to enhance your stories.
- Write and present your stories dynamically, not just in words but using state of the art presentation technology.
- Jump in during large scale breaking/developing news events with in-depth analysis and perspective through your sources and experience.
Have at least 5 years of reporting experience, 3 of in investigative journalism. Be able to present your stories on ALL platforms, not just broadcast. And don’t forget: be a great newsroom citizen, a must at FOX 9/KMSP.
Make sure you include 3-5 examples of your best work.
Please apply at the following link https://fox.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Domestic/job/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-USA/Promotions-Producer_R50011453-1/apply
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.