Want to work for a nationally recognized news organization in the coolest state in America?
9NEWS in Denver is looking for a strong investigative reporter to cover a Crime and Justice beat.
This reporter would find investigative angles to daily stories and would collaborate with the award-winning 9Wants to Know investigative team.
Develop sources and produce investigative content with a focus on crime and justice issues on a frequent basis, averaging 1-2 appearances per week (or more depending on the circumstances).
Produce accurate, fair and compelling content that recruits viewers to 9NEWS.
We are looking for a high-impact storyteller with a desire to uncover the truth and expose wrongdoing daily.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism, communications or similar is preferred
- At least several years of experience producing investigative and/or criminal justice reporting
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local open records laws
- Experience in reporting on courts and the criminal justice process
- Comfort with Excel and CAR skills
- Ability to develop deep sources
- Strong Editorial judgment
- Strong interviewing skills
- The ability to shoot and edit video is a must
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.