Connect Savannah is looking for a talented investigative reporter to work in historic Savannah, Ga. Must multi-task by delivering weekly reports on highly promotable topics while simultaneously researching and producing deep dive investigations. This candidate needs to be able to work efficiently and independently inside the framework of an established team. Candidates must display strong solution-oriented reporting and extensive data-driven skills.
Qualified candidates will have at least five years of reporting experience with two of those years as an investigative journalist.
- Must have passion, curiosity, and initiative
- Must have five years of reporting experience and a bachelor’s degree in Journalism
- Report the news without bias and with the utmost integrity
- Seek the truth and the answers to difficult questions
- Should be able to analyze data and understand underlying issues
- Take photos or video at meetings or events when needed
- Must be able to work well with others
- Works with editor to identify story ideas and topics to investigate
- 5 years-plus experience reporting. Prefer investigative journalist experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong news ethics, judgment and professionalism.
- Maintain professional contact and discretion with community leaders, news sources and the public.
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
- Team Player.
- Scheduling flexibility, especially for breaking news.
- Drug free work place.
- Valid driver’s licenses.
Please send your resume, cover letter and recent work samples to Erica Baskin at email@example.com.