Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We’re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
We are seeking a dynamic reporter to join the award-winning KSL Investigators. You will be responsible for conceptualizing, researching, writing and presenting highly-produced investigative stories. You will develop stories in cooperation with the Enterprise Managing Editors and other members of the KSL News Management Team. Primary focus is on regularly produced content outside of the daily assignment rotation. You may be called upon to provide investigative angles to daily news stories. You will set an example of professionalism in skill, attitude and commitment.
- Must be able to originate, research, write and produce news stories with a concentration on investigative reporting.
- Must be able to write concise, highly visual stories from complex material for broadcast, digital and print media.
- Must be able to cultivate meaningful sources in the community leading to rich, unique stories and content.
- Must be able to write in a factually correct, clear and conversational manner.
- Must be an aggressive and focused reporter with the ability to enterprise original stories.
- Must have strong investigative skills with an enterprising mindset.
- Must be well-organized and able to juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Conduct interviews, gather information, log and organize footage, arrange for graphics, write broadcast scripts, web scripts and supervise editing sessions.
- Work effectively in a team environment with various photographers, editors, producers and managers.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with strong on-camera reporting skills.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in journalism, communications, related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years journalism experience investigative reporting and producing a must.
- Knowledge of computer-assisted reporting, public records requests and public records law is preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment with various photographers, editors and producers.
- Consistently able to work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines, including flexible shifts, weekends, holidays, evenings, rotating days, overtime, etc.
- Able to remain on a particular assignment until completed.
- Valid driver license and proven ability to safely drive company or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.