Geekdom Media, LLC, a documentary film company, is seeking an investigative reporter to investigate the influence of advocacy groups and corporate interests on the changing views on healthy foods over the past 5-10 years. This research will be used for the film and potentially a book to accompany the film.
We are looking for a researcher with skills in investigating organizational finances and cultivating sources to obtain information. This researcher should also be able to piece together information to form a coherent, larger story.
This job is to be conducted from home, although if travel becomes comfortable and safe during the time of employment, reporting trips are likely to be requested.
- Exceptional research and investigative skills;
- Creative self-starter who is eager to find new leads
- Ability to use open records laws to obtain records and data;
- Strong digital skills;
- Ability to cultivate sources;
- Commitment to working collaboratively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive body of research on the organizations, corporations, and topics under investigation.
Pay: $30/hour for 30-40 hours a week.
Send a cover letter, resume and provide contact information for three references, as well as links to your social media accounts and links to, or attachments of, a few samples of work that has resulted from your investigations. Email contact. [email protected]
Please include the job title in subject line.