The Current, a startup news site for coastal Georgia, is seeking investigative reporters to produce award winning work in the communities along the 100 miles of the Georgia coast. The site is focused on investigative and watchdog reporting. While the work could be done remotely, it is a plus to be located in the coastal area.
- Demonstrated research and investigative skills;
- Self-starter who is eager to find new leads;
- Ability to use state and federal records laws;
- High competence with Excel and other such software;
- Strong digital skills;
- Ability to cultivate sources;
- Commitment to working collaboratively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop a comprehensive body of research on the organizations, corporations, and topics under investigation.
Pay: Negotiable likely to start as freelance and convert to staff.
Send a cover letter, resume and provide contact information for three references, as well as links to your social media accounts and links to, or attachments of, a few samples of work that has resulted from your investigations. Email Bert Roughton, email@example.com
Please include the job title in subject line.