Investigate TV is looking for an experienced, creative, and innovative Investigative Photographer/Editor to join our National Investigative Team based out of WVUE-TV in New Orleans.
We are looking for a multi-tasker who can simultaneously work on and manage short and long-term projects. We want someone who’s also interested in working on long-form stories and documentaries.
Join a six-person investigative team that emphasizes quality over quantity. You will have the time and the tools to do stories the right way. This unit will air high impact investigations on 91 Gray Television and our OTT App – Investigate TV.
Investigative storytelling experience and knowledge of the Adobe suite is a plus, but not a must. We need someone who knows how to use video and graphics to tell stories that can be complicated, data rich, but also important.
This is not your typical television news job. You’ll be working on longer form content. You’ll always be off on Christmas and Thanksgiving.
You’ll work with a team whose local investigations have been honored with Peabody, duPont, National Murrow, and IRE Awards. We want you and your experience to help make this team better.
Feel free to email Lee Zurik with any questions about the job ([email protected]).
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication or related field
- At least 5years of journalism experience
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Willingness to work non-traditional business days/hours, travel and work long hours, and on weekends with short notice
- Oversight of the visual content produced by the investigative unit.
- Travel to shoot interviews for stories.
- Edit and shoot national team investigations and documentaries.
- Work on Investigate TV OTT channels.
- Coordinate with news directors about upcoming content.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with link(s) to your work. No phone calls please. Pre-employment drug test and MVR check required. EOE-M/F/D/V