NBC News & MSNBC seek a Manager on their Standards & Practices team. The Manager will provide support and guidance to all platforms of NBC News & MSNBC with a particular focus on emerging digital platforms.
- Maintain the reputation, journalistic integrity and editorial independence of the news organization.
- Work with the senior level editorial team on reviewing reports for accuracy, fairness and adequate sourcing.
- Primary relationships will include digital and OTT channels.
- Help establish overall news division wide standards policies and guidelines.
- Provide advice to NBC News and MSNBC journalists (both on air and off) on news standards.
- Ensure that new and current employees are continually educated on NBC News & MSNBC’s Standards & Practices policies – across all platforms.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, History or a related field of study.
- 6+ years working experience within the news industry.
- Prior experience in long-form TV journalism, day of air news, information cable production, and/or emerging digital platforms.
- Must have ability to communicate and collaborate well with colleagues.
- Familiarity with (or knowledge of) digital journalism and social media standards and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively and successfully with all levels of talent and management.
- Ability to handle confidential material with utmost discretion.
- Should be open and able to adapt to new approaches to content and storytelling.
- Must have solid news and editorial judgment.