- Job Description
- At Ipsos, we make market research work. We know numbers. We understand people. And we succeed in delivering results. That’s why so many of the world’s leading brands and organizations look to us for their research needs.
Operating in over 89 countries, we’re a global leader in survey-based market research and one of the fastest-growing and most successful firms in the business. Our research focuses on five areas of specialty – advertising, marketing, public opinion, loyalty, and media – and our work focuses on our people and our clients.
Ipsos Public Affairs
Ipsos Public Affairs is a member of the Ipsos Group, a leading global survey-based market research company with offices in 89 countries. Our private sector clients include health insurers, hospital systems, corporate foundations, development NGOs, and consulting and marketing communications firms. Our government clients include the Food and Drug Administration, Veterans Health Administration, Social Security Administration, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Defense Health Agency, U.S. Agency for International Development, and the Federal Trade Commission.
Members of the Ipsos Public Affairs team have degrees in such fields as psychology, sociology, political science, economics, public policy analysis, demography, public health, statistics, international development, marketing, and social sciences. Our research measures the performance of health systems in achieving brand awareness and strength, delivering positive patient experiences, and using research to inform and refine interventions to change consumers’ behaviors.
Ipsos Public Affairs has more than 30 years of experience working with physicians, hospitals, payers, brokers and other health provider organizations. We have developed a center of expertise that focuses on improving healthcare quality, increasing accountability, testing and advising on new and emerging health initiatives and health policy issues.
Sound like the right place for your career? Share our passion. Share our success. And join us in being proud to be Ipsos.
- Required Skills
- Ipsos Public Affairs seeks to promote the Ipsos brand through the regular and ongoing production of original content based on our research. To support this effort, we plan to hire a professional media relations or communications specialist who will be responsible for taking reporting, data, and other content produced by the wider PA group and getting it published. Furthermore, this specialist will work with the PA leadership team to pitch Ipsos voices as on-the-record talent with major media outlets to promote us as leaders in understanding American society.
The Public Affairs group at Ipsos seeks candidates for a media relations / communications specialist position in our Washington D.C. office. For over twenty years, Ipsos Public Affairs has conducted original public opinion research in the United States and provided a voice to Americans. We regularly work with national media and leading non-profit research organizations to conduct survey research and publish findings.
We are seeking a smart, motivated communications professional to join our public polling team. In this role, you will work with a team of researchers to implement our research agenda, pitch original content to media, write press releases, and pitch Ipsos talent. The successful candidate will be a high energy research enthusiast, able to juggle multiple priorities, be an outstanding communicator, be an expert on the usage of social media and be passionate about helping promote our public opinion research.
- Required Experience
- Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with journalists and thought leaders in areas of public opinion data.
- Performing outreach to media to place Ipsos research in publications.
- Pitching Ipsos staff as on-the-record experts with the media.
- Collaborating with the wider Polling and Strategic Communications team to implement our communication strategy to boost the brand profile of Ipsos in the United States.
- Design and prepare visual data layouts, infographics, and press releases for publication (on Ipsos site, for clients, and on social media).
- Updating, managing, and developing key Ipsos Public Affairs social media accounts.
- Developing an understanding of Ipsos’ position in the U.S. market and helping to develop materials to boost that position.
- Job Location
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Company Location
- US – Washington – K Street (7488234)
- Company Location Description
- US – WASHINGTON – K STREET
- USPA – KnowledgePanel Plus (509702)
- Position Type
If resume/CV on file: https://ipsos-na-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.res_login&id=23&jobid=4538&company_id=16736&version=1&jobowner=996565&aid=0&fid=0&bystate=0&bylocation=NULL&bycountry=0&bycat=NULL&keywords=
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled